[Need more work on this one.]
Directorate General of Customs and Excise
Ministry of Finance, Republic of Indonesia
What is meant by “Passenger’s goods”?
- Goods carried by passenger of ship / aeroplane in one trip;
- Baggage arriving within 3 months after the passenger’s arrival by ship/aeroplane (un-accompanied luggage);
How are the “Passenger’s goods” categorized?
- Passenger’s goods exempted from customs duties and other import duties and taxes;
- Passenger’s goods subject to customs duties and other import duties and taxes.
What kind of “Passenger’s goods” are exempted from customs duties and other import duties and taxes?
- Goods for personal use during trip such as clothes, shoes, wrist-watches or bags at a value of not exceeding than FOB US$ 250.00;
- Cigarettes not exceeding 200, or cigars up to 50, or tobacco up to 100 grams and alcohol not exceeding 1 liter per adult;
- Camera, video camera, radio/portable radio cassette, binoculars and sport equipment in normal quantities required by foreign tourists while in Indonesia.
What kind of “Passenger’s goods” are subject to customs duties and other import duties and taxes?
Goods are subject to customs duties and other import duties and taxes if the value exceeds the fixed value, for example:
- For Passenger Goods valued at FOB US$ 750.00, customs duties and other import duties and taxes will be applied to the balance exceeding the fixed value, i.e. FOB US$ 500.00 (US$ 750.00 – US$ 250.00);
- For Passenger Goods per family valued at FOB US$ 1,500.00, customs duties and other import duties and taxes will be applied to the balance exceedirg the fixed value, i.e. FOB US$ 500.00 (US$ 1,500.00 – US$ 1, 000.00).
Without the approval of the authorized institutions, the following items are prohibited for importation or as passenger’s goods into Indonesian Territory:
- Narcotics, firearms, gas-operated gun, ammunitions, spring gun, explosives, transceiver, cordless telephone, colored photocopy machine, materials/pornographic publications, printed materials in Chinese language/characters, Chinese medicines.
- Importing of film, video tapes, video laser disc, long play should go through the National Censor Institution.
- Concealment / evasion of goods from inspection or giving false declaration to the Customs and Excise officials are regarded as violations on which sanctions may be imposed in accordance with the regulations in force.
- For your convenience and safe trip, please declare your carried goods in a Customs Declaration Lane at arrival in Indonesia (only one Customs Declaration for each family).
For further information, please contact the Customs and Excise Office at the seaport/airport concerned where the import of goods is carried out.