Permit for Journalist Visit and Film making
Foreigners who wish to make a film or a video shoot in Indonesia are required to have a permit. The permit is granted only by:
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Directorate of Information and Media
To obtain a permit from Canada, you will need to submit all requirements to the Embassy/Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia, c/o Public/Cultural Affairs (by mail). You can forward requirements to one of the Indonesian representatives in Canada listed here.
Please note that the decision of approval by authorities in Indonesia will take approximately 6-8 weeks after receipt of the completed requirements
Complete and send the application forms with the following documents:
- Cover letter from your company indicating the purpose of production.
- List of production crew with Curriculum Vitae
- Company Profile
- Photocopy of the applicants passport(s) which must be valid for more than 6 months from the date of entry into Indonesia. Passport must have at least one blank page for the visa (amendment and endorsement pages cannot be used for visa).
- Shooting schedule, scenario and location (venue)
- List of equipment with a signed statement to re-export
- List of Indonesian sponsor(s) with contact information
- Signed statement stating:
- To agree and obey all the regulations act in Indonesia, including District Regulations, especially the regulations in holy places and national parks;
- The applicant will give one release copy of the film shooting result to the Directorate of Film, Directorate General of Culture Value, Art and Film, Ministry of Tourism and to the Embassy/Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia, after finishing their work in Indonesia.
- Sign the application form (PDF)
- Letter of solvency from the bank guarantors in Indonesia and in the country of origin.
For more information, visit Media Services (Indonesia’s Foreign Ministry), contact the Public/Cultural Affairs or call us at (613) 724-1100.
The intended visa will NOT be issued by the Embassy prior to receiving the approval from the Ministry of Tourism and Ministry of Justice in Jakarta.
Once the Embassy receives the approval, the applicant(s) will need to submit the business visit visa requirements.