Social Cultural Visa is issued to travelers who intend to visit Indonesia for: Lecture, short Internship program, short Courses, Arts, Meetings, Volunteer Program, Sport Activities, visiting family and other related Social activities.
Social Cultural Visa (Single or Multiple Entry Visa) will allow you a maximum stay of 60 (sixty) days for each visit. This type of visa can be extended at the Indonesian Immigration Office for 4 (four) times, with each extension for maximum 30 (thirty) days.
Once issued, a Visa must be used within 90 (ninety) days from the Date of Issuance.
Single Entry Visa means that you are allowed to enter Indonesia one time before the visa expiration date. The Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia may issue a Single Entry Visa for up to 60 days stay.
Multiple Entry Visa means that you are allowed to enter Indonesia several times before the visa expiration date (the visa is valid for a year). Holder of Indonesian multiple entry visa is allowed to stay up to 60 (sixty) days in Indonesia. Multiple entry visa may be issued for official visit, business visit and family visit.
If you are planning to travel for the following purposes, you will need to request a Limited Stay Visa.
- Internship Program for more than 60 (sixty) days with an Indonesian State University or United Nation Program and other institution
- Education Institute for more than 4 months
- To work in Indonesia
- Volunteer program for more 60 (sixty) days
- Original Passport, valid for more than 6 (six) months for a single entry visa and 18 (eighteen) months for a multiple entry visa from the intended length of stay must be submitted when request a visa. (damaged passport will not be accepted).
Indonesian Immigration does not accept Alien Passports, Travel Documents or Temporary Passports as a proof of your countries citizenship/nationally.
- Visa application form completed in full by computer
- Photograph, 1 photo, stapled or glued to the visa form in the assigned box (photograph specification information)
- Completed round trip electronic airline ticket, leaving Canada, arrival and exit to and from Indonesia must be submitted.
- Covering Letter from the applicant’s Company/Institute in Canada, addressed to the Embassy mentioning the reason to request a visa for Indonesia.
- Letter of Invitation form the Indonesian Sponsor, mentioning the purpose of visit, length of stay with dated and responsibilities.
- Money Order, (Canadian Fund) payable to the Embassy of Indonesia; Single entry $65.00 and Multiple $130.00. Do not submit cash or personal cheque).
- Return envelope, either by: Hand, Xpresspost (Canada Post) or Courier Company.
- If you are a Dual Citizen from another country, a copy of your other passport must be submitted.
- For Non-Canadian Citizen, a copy of your Canadian Immigration Status (Student permit, Working permit or PR Card) must be submitted.
- Volunteer and Teaching program require provincial police clearance for good conduct and foreigner (non-Canadian) will need a clearance from country of origin.
The original document is for Indonesian Institute and a copy is sent when requesting the visa.
- It will be at the discretion of the Embassy/Consular Services to request additional documents.
All visa requirements for the purpose of your travel must be submitted, otherwise your visa request will not be issued and the Consular / Visa Affairs will not be responsible if the applicant is faced with any inconveniences with meeting their travel date. Also failing to declare the purpose of your travel and valuable information, the Embassy and the Immigration Authorities can decline your entry into Indonesia.
When to Submit Visa Application
The Consular Affairs requires 3-5 working days (Monday to Thursday) to complete the issuance of a visa and must be submitted in a timely manner, 10 working days prior to your intended date of travel and no more than 30 days prior to your travel date. The Embassy will not be responsible for any inconveniences if the visa request is not submitted in this timely manner. VERY IMPORTANT TO CONSIDER BEFORE REQUESTING YOUR VISA.
How to Submit Visa Application
- BY HAND: if you are in the Ottawa area you can drop off your visa request during the Consular drop-off hours. All supporting documents should be in an envelope.
- CANADA POST – XPRESSPOST: Reassure that all visa requirements are include in your sending envelope. Do not send by regular mail. This services requires 3 additional days from the processing time to bring the envelop to the Canada Post Office.
- COURIER COMPANY: Reassure that all visa requirements are include in your sending envelope.
You can submit more than one visa requests in one envelope, providing that all travelers are traveling on the same dates
Returning Your Passport
To return your passport, you must submit a returned prepaid envelope (xpresspost, courier company). Otherwise, your passport will need to be picked up by hand.
Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia
55 Parkdale Avenue
Ottawa ON K1Y 1E5