Tourist Visit Visa
Tourist Visa (Single or Multiple Entry Visa) will allow you a maximum stay of 60 (sixty) days for each visit.
Once issued, a Visa must be used within 90 (ninety) days from the Date of Issuance.
Single Entry Visa means that you are allowed to enter Indonesia one time before the visa expiration date. The Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia may issue a Single Entry Visa for up to a 60 days stay.
Multiple Entry Visa means that you are allowed to enter Indonesia several times before the visa expiration date (the visa is valid for one (1) year). The holder of an Indonesian Multiple Entry Visa is allowed to stay up to 60 (sixty) days in Indonesia. The Multiple Entry Visa may be issued for an official visit, a business visit and a family visit.
Tourist Visa Requirements to be submitted:
- Original Passport, valid for more than 6 months from the intended length of stay (damaged passports will not be accepted). Indonesian Immigration does not accept Alien Passports, Travel Documents or Temporary Passports as a proof of your citizenship/nationality.
- Visa application form completed in full by computer.
- Photograph, 1 photo, stapled to the visa form in the assigned box (photograph specification information)
- Completed round trip electronic airline ticket, departure date from Canada and arrival and departure dates from Indonesia (airline ticket or Ferry ticket).
For those applying for Multiple Entry Visa, the airline ticket must indicate multiple travel to and from Indonesia
- Cruise Ship passenger will require to submit the airline ticket leaving Canada and also the complete Cruise ship itinerary and proof that you are a passenger.
- Money Order, (Canadian Funds) payable to the Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia; Single entry $65.00 - Multiple Entry Visa $130.00 (Do not submit cash or personal cheque).Visa fee is non-refundable
- Return envelope, either By Hand, Xpresspost (Canada Post) or Courrier Service.
- If you are a dual Citizen from another country, a copy of your other Citizenship passport is required.
- Student, Unemployed and Self-employed are required to submit a Letter from the bank mentioning that you have sufficient funds of C$2400.00 ($1200.00 per month stay) (Retired travelers are exempt)
- Travellers under the age of 18 (eighteen) and not travelling with both parent(s) are required to have a Letter of Consent signed by both parents and certified by a Provincial Notary Public
- Non- Canadian Citizen: a copy of your Canadian Immigration Status (study permit – work permit or PR Card) must be submitted.
All visitors must declare all required information related to the visa form and submit the visa requirements accordingly to avoid any delay with the process. The Consular services will not be held responsible for your inconveniences with meeting your flight date.
Poso and Papua are two regions in Indonesia where applicants cannot visit without special permission and approval. Visitors who enter these regions without permission are subject to arrest and detention and will be prosecuted according to Indonesian law.
When to Submit Visa Application
The Consular Services require 3-5 working days (Monday to Thursday) to complete the issuance of a visa and the application must be submitted in a timely manner, 10 working days prior to your intended date of travel and no more than 30 days prior to your travel date. The Embassy will not be responsible for any inconveniences if the visa request is not submitted in this timely manner. VERY IMPORTANT TO CONSIDER BEFORE REQUESTING YOUR VISA.
How to Submit Visa Application
- BY HAND: if you are in the Ottawa area you can drop off your visa request during the Consular drop-off hours. All supporting documents should be in an envelope.
- CANADA POST – XPRESSPOST: make sure that all visa requirements are included in your sending envelope along with your passport. Do not send by regular mail. This service requires 3 additional days from the processing time to bring the envelop to the Canada Post Office.
- COURIER SERVICE: Make sure that all visa requirements are included in your sending envelope along with your passport.
You may submit more than one visa request in one envelope, providing that all travellers are travelling on the same dates.
To Receive Your Processed Passport
You must submit to us a return prepaid envelope (xpresspost, courier service). Otherwise, your passport has to be picked up by hand.
Embassy of the Republic of Indonesia
55 Parkdale Avenue
Ottawa ON K1Y 1E5